Here's How It Works:
11 Random Facts About Me:
- Technology: I love it! Although I've been a tech teacher for an elementary school for 15 years, I don't have my masters in IT...yet! I also love chatting w/ my worldwide colleagues in skype chat groups. :)
- Masters Program: I'm FINALLY getting my Masters in IT! I'm excited and nervous.
- Immediate Family: My husband and I have 3 children and we are so blessed! Maggie is 19, Meghan is 16 and Danny is 13. This will be the only time they are all teens...time flies.
- Extended Family: My sister and brother live in Rockford, IL, where we grew up, with their families. My parents are there, too. I'm the only one who left - and I get reminded often!
- Dog: Our dog, Hobbs, is a boxer who thinks he's a lap dog. He likes to snuggle and cuddle and loves to play.
- Phone: I can't have it out of my sight...I know, that's not good.
- Cars: I love cars! My grandfather owned a body shop and I used to walk around the shop all of the time and talk to my cousins and other people who worked there. I learned little things about cars and my fondness for them grew.
- Places: Our family has moved to 5 different houses and 3 states in the past 20 years. We've lived in Iowa, Wisconsin, and Illinois. The house we're living in now is the longest we've resided - 11 years!
- Vacations: We've travelled to many places in the US, but haven't gone west - until my daughters and I went to Hawaii last summer. I went with Flat Classroom Project co-founders Julie Lindsay and Vicki Davis and brought my daughters with me. That was an amazing experience!
- Books - I don't read them anymore...I listen to them! I can get through a book much faster if it's read to me. The last book I listened to was "One Amazing Thing" by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. It was a book my oldest had to read for her Freshman year in college. Good one!
- Food: I love it, but can't cook it very well - or so my children tell me. So, I have 3 meals sent to us each week through Blue Apron, and I follow their recipes with the ingredients given. It gives us a variety of different healthy foods and they seem satisfied.
Questions for Me:
- If you could only read one blogger next year, who would it be?
- Heidi Befort's Globicate blog.
Now It's Your Turn!
Questions from me:
- If you could choose just one thing to change about the world, what would it be?
- Should people care more about doing the right thing, or doing things right? Why?
- What things hold you back from doing the things that you really want to?
- What makes you, you?
- What makes a good friend?
- What was/is your favorite class in college/university? Why?
- What is an important thing people should know about educators?
- What is your favorite grade to teach? Why?
- Who/what inspired you to be who you want to be or are today?
- What is the best age to be? Why?
- Where do you want to travel?
Remember - Here's How It Works:
Reply to this post with a link when you have finished your post. Do as much as you can or want - thank you for considering this challenge!